Translation and Interpretation by Rhyme&Reason
Whether you need simultaneous conference interpretation or consecutive interpretation for your business meetings, we can provide a suitable interpreter. We have a team of professional interpreters specialising in various terminologies and fields, coordinated and supported by a dedicated project manager. We recently added Remote Interpretation (RSI) to our services, offering clients significant cost savings and increasing the pool of available interpreters for your projects. RSI is a great option for online, phygital and physical conferences.
Product URL: https://www.reason.gr/en/services/
Which interpreting service is better suited to my needs?
Not sure what kind of interpreting service is adapted to your situation? Here’s a quick round-up of the different possibilities that we offer:
- Consecutive Interpreting means that the interpreter translates after the speaker has finished. The interpreter is close to the speaker, listens carefully and takes notes. When the speaker takes a break or finishes, the interpreter translates the entire message. Consecutive interpretation is generally used in depositions, court cases, educational activities, testimonies, short business meetings, press conferences, medical discussions and job interviews.
- Simultaneous Interpreting is the ability to hear a message in one language while simultaneously interpreting into another language. Simultaneous interpreting is very demanding and usually requires the use of special equipment. Qualified interpreters typically work in pairs when providing simultaneous interpretation services, to maintain a high level of concentration. Simultaneous interpreting is mainly used in large meetings, conferences, speeches, seminars, exhibitions and other large gatherings.
- Simultaneous Remote Interpreting: RSI is basically Simultaneous Interpreting that significantly reduces costs and provides greater safety and adaptability as it does not require the physical presence of interpreters and equipment on-site. It works through cloud services and smart devices, ensuring a high-quality experience for participants. We offer simultaneous interpreting solutions for online meetings using WebEx, Zoom and other platforms.
How does Remote Simultaneous Interpreting work?
- Speaker – the presenter speaks in one language. The speaker’s voice and image are transmitted live to an interpreter remotely, usually via an internet browser on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Interpreter(s) – an interpreter listens and sees the speaker on a screen. Using high-quality headphones and microphone, they translate from the speaker's language into another language, in real time.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpreting Platform (RSI) – the interpreter's speech is transferred to a cloud-based Simultaneous Remote Interpreting platform via laptop or desktop computer.
- Audience – participants and/or representatives can connect to the Remote Simultaneous Interpreting platform via a computer or mobile device, viewing and listening to the speaker in their language of choice.
Why choose Remote Simultaneous Interpreting?
- Reduced cost – reduces the cost of interpreting by more than 50% compared to the cost of traditional interpretation, without compromising on quality, thanks to no longer needing to rent expensive on-site interpreting equipment and having to pay interpreter travel costs.
- Increased flexibility – conferences and press conferences often need to be organised in a short period of time. With Remote Simultaneous Interpreting you can offer multiple languages to your audience at any time, anywhere, either through receivers or smart devices.
- Hassle-free technology – the days of expensive interpreter equipment at events are long gone. With Remote Simultaneous Interpreting, participants faithfully apply the “Bring Your Own Device” rule and listen in their own language.
- More physical space – Remote Simultaneous Interpreting removes the need for soundproof booths for interpreters, thus freeing up valuable space.
- Greater adaptability – with Simultaneous Remote Interpreting, events in inaccessible locations such as remote islands, resorts and mountains can now be served by leading interpreters.
When can Remote Simultaneous Interpreting (RSI) be used?
- Panel discussions
- Online meetings
What are the benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpreting (RSI)?
- Near zero carbon footprint
- Excellent sound quality
- Easy to use